The Atlas ESR is better – much better.
Great Service Aid
Measuring a capacitor's ESR (equivalent series resistance) is a great indicator of capacitor condition. The Atlas ESR offers instant results, just connect the probes and press test. You can even use the Atlas ESR in-circuit, saving you the trouble of removing capacitors. When testing capacitors out-of-circuit, the unit will also display the capacitance.
All You Need
Traditionally, ESR can be a tricky thing to measure, which is a shame, it's a very useful diagnostic parameter. Of course, ESR meters are available from various sources, some are very famous in the repair sector, but the Atlas ESR is more than just another ESR meter. For a start, it's smart, both in looks and in brain. It can measure and compensate for the effects of measuring in-circuit, it also knows that you don't want to be hassled with capacitor polarity.
It's designed with the real world in mind. Some capacitors can be charged up, a lot, but the Atlas ESR doesn't mind. If your capacitor is charged, the unit will automatically carry out a controlled discharge procedure before measuring the capacitance and ESR.
- Measure capacitance and ESR.
- New enhanced dynamic range of 0.00 to 20.0 ohms.
- ESR Resolution as fine as 0.01 ohms!
- Supports capacitors from 1uF to 22,000uF.
- Capable of In-Circuit measurement of ESR.
- Polarity free, connect any way round.
- Protected against highly charged capacitors.
- Great for low DC resistance checking too (such as PCB short checking).
- Supplied complete with 2mm male test leads and 2mm compatible gold plated crocs.
- Test leads are ultra-durable and 45cm (18") long with 2mm plugs.
- Enhanced software compensation of cable resistance.
- Complete with comprehensive user guide.
- Capacitor reference table included.
- Tests at the industry standard 100kHz.
- Long life alkaline battery fitted.
- Just 100mm x 70mm x 20mm